There are democratic structures within Hedge End Town Council which give all members a chance to take part in making decisions.
As there are too many decisions to be made by the whole council sitting together, most decisions are farmed out to committees -
- Community and Culture - This committee is responsible for community grants. Hedge End community groups can apply to it for grants.
- Finance and Administration - This committee deals with the financial affairs of the Council and helps Council set its budgets. It also looks after our procedures.
- Highways and Planning - This committee deals with highway matters in the town, although responsibility for them is vested in Hampshire County Council.
- Personnel - This committee makes sure we have the staff we need.
- Recreation and Amenities - This committee looks after the council's facilities for outdoor recreation.