The Paddling Pool is now closed for the season.
The Paddling Pool is usually open from May until early September from 10am-5pm, 7 days a week,
Under 12s Only.
Paddling Pool Parking
Please park at the former Budgen's car park in the village centre, SO30 4DY (adjacent to Greta Park, opposite Barclays Bank). Access is via Wildern Lane.
Please consider local residents and avoid parking on nearby roads. Please do not obstruct driveways or make it dangerous for pedestrians or other road users. There are restrictions on St John's Road and Bursledon Road and enforcement takes place.
Paddling Pool Conditions of Use
Barbecues or fires are not permitted by the Pool or in St. John's Recreation Ground or any of the Town Council parks.
- The Council will NOT tolerate ANY abuse towards Pool Staff, whether it be verbal, physical or sexual. Any persons doing so will be dealt with accordingly and incidents will be reported to the Police.
- The Council reserves the right to close the Pool at any time.
- If the Pool is closed, DO NOT CLIMB OVER FENCING OR GATES. The water may not be treated or may contain higher doses of chemicals.
Children's Play Areas
The Council maintains 12 play areas around Hedge End, providing safe places for children to play, climb and explore.
Our children's outdoor play facilities are located at:
- Aspen Close Play Area
- Dowd's Farm Park (plus sportswall/ basketball court, youth shelter)
- Drummond Community Centre
- Greta Park Play Area (plus skateboard half-pipe, basketball courts, youth shelter)
- Locke Road Play Area
- Nelsons Gardens Play Area
- Norman Rodaway, refurbished 2022 (plus sportswall, youth shelter)
- Shamblehurst Green Play Area
- Turnpike Play Area (plus cricket practice nets)
- St John's Recreation Ground (plus zipwire, outdoor gym, sportswall)
- Westward Road Play Area
- Woodhouse Lane (playing field and Skatepark only)
Dogs are allowed in our parks, but not inside the Play Areas.
There is No Such Thing as the Dog Poo Fairy!
We love dogs, but we hate dog mess! Please clean up after your dog...Bag It, Tie It, Bin It! All of our parks and green spaces have dog waste bins provided. Please use them and help keep Hedge End clean and tidy.