Please note the paddling pool is currently CLOSED due to current social distancing regulations. We hope to open once the Government continues with the easing of COVID restrictions.
The paddling pool, located at the top end of St John's Recreation Ground, is normally open between May to September.
Paddling Pool Parking
Parking at the paddling pool is restricted. You can use the Town Council (2000 Centre) car park on St Johns Road or the former budgens car park in the village centre.
Please consider local residents and avoid park on nearby roads. Please do not obstruct driveways or make it dangerous for pedestrians or other road users.
Children's Play Areas
The Council maintains over 10 play areas around Hedge End, providing safe places for children to play, climb and explore.
Our children's outdoor play facilities are located at:
- Aspen Close Play Area
- Dowd's Farm Park (plus sportswall/ basketball court, youth shelter)
- Drummond Community Centre
- Greta Park Play Area plus skateboard half-pipe, basketball courts, youth shelter
- Locke Road Play Area
- Nelsons Gardens Play Area
- Norman Rodaway (plus sportswall, youth shelter)
- Shamblehurst Green Play Area
- Turnpike Pavilion (plus cricket practice nets)
- St John's Recreation Ground (plus zipwire, outdoor gym, sportswall)
- Westward Road Play Area
- Woodhouse Lane (playing field and Skatepark only)
There is No Such Thing as the Dog Poo Fairy!
We love dogs, but we hate dog mess! Please clean up after your dog...Bag It, Tie It, Bin It! All of our parks and green spaces have dog waste bins provided by Eastleigh Borough Council. Please use them and help keep Hedge End clean and tidy.