Children's Play Areas & Paddling Pool
The paddling pool is not re-opening this summer as the Council has taken the decision in its Full Council meeting of 16 July 2020 that it would not be possible to meet the safety requirements of the Governments guidance. Safety and the health of children, their parents and grandparents must come first.
Hedge End Town Council is extremely proud and protective of its many outdoor recreation areas and playgrounds, built with its youngest residents in mind.
Located at multiple sites across the town, we work hard to ensure the best use of this space for the community and time is spent regularly updating, maintaining and improving these sites for future generations.
Paddling Pool Parking
Parking at the paddling pool is restricted and we would ask that you use the Town Council offices (2000 Centre) car park on St Johns Road or we have also negotiated the use of 20 free car parking spaces at Hedge End Club, Bursledon Rd, SO30 0BR (at the entrance car park only, not within their main car park).
Please be considerate to local residents if parking on the roads nearby. Do not obstruct driveways or make it dangerous for other pedestrians or road users. Where possible please walk to the site or park a short distance away to ensure the site is kept safe for children and local residents.)
Children's Play Parks
Our children's outdoor play facilities are located at:
- Aspen Close Play Area
- Dowd's Farm Park (plus sportswall/ basketball court, youth shelter)
- Drummond Community Centre Play Area
- Greta Park Play Area (Newly refurbished 2016) plus skateboard half-pipe, basketball courts, youth shelter
- Locke Road Play Area
- Nelsons Gardens Play Area
- Norman Rodaway (plus sportswall, youth shelter)
- Shamblehurst Green Play Area
- Turnpike Pavilion (plus cricket practice nets)
- St John's Recreation Ground (plus zipwire, outdoor gym, sportswall)
- Westward Road Play Area
- Woodhouse Lane (playing field and Skatepark only)
All have outdoor play equipment and most have open green spaces for your little adventurers!
There is No Such Thing as the Dog Poo Fairy!
We love dogs, but we hate dog mess! Please clean up after your dog...Bag It, Tie It, Bin It! All of our parks and green spaces have dog waste bins provided by Eastleigh Borough Council. Please use them and help keep Hedge End clean and tidy.