News and Events
This section gives local residents information on recent news and events in and around Hedge End.
Hedge End Fashion Show ?
Ladies night with a difference! Friday 26th April at 7.30pm,
Located at 2000 Centre Hedge End.
Tickets are £3.00 and must be bought in advance.
Call: 01489 782121 to Book.
Enjoy a live Catwalk show, with a chance to try and buy this seasons high street & branded fashion at bargain prices.
Hedge End Methodist Church
Join the Annual Spring Fayre this year on
Saturday 4th May 10am-2pm
Money raised will go towards supporting MAF charity.
- Plants – annuals, perennials, Summer pots, veg plants.
- Pamper Hampers
- Jewellery & bags
- Cakes & preserves
- Chocolate tombola
- Potty Peggys Crafts
- Yellow & Green stall
- £1 stall
- Bits & Bobs
- Recipe Books
Find out more details by visiting
JOIN CAKES4CANCER AND RAISE DOUGH FOR LOCAL PEOPLE LIVING WITH CANCER
If baking tickles your (fondant) fancy, Wessex Cancer Trust, would love you to host a Cakes4Cancer event this May and raise dough for local people living with cancer.
Rolling out across the entire Wessex region between 6 and 12 May, Cakes4Cancer is a really simple way to come together with friends, family or colleagues and ‘bake’ a difference by asking for a donation in return for a cuppa and cake.
Cakes4Cancer is all about people coming together to enjoy something delicious for a great cause. Your event can be as big or small as you want. You could put on a coffee morning at work, host an afternoon tea with friends or invite neighbours to come along to a bake sale. Whether it’s faked or baked, every cake sold could help change someone’s life for the better. It really is a piece of cake.”
The charity has put together a free kit containing everything you need to host your own event, including a tablecloth, balloons, posters, cake toppers, game ideas and recipe cards. Sign up at www.wessexcancer.org.uk/forms/cakes4cancer-pack.
Reminiscence in the Park
Following the success of last year’s festival the Bursledon Hamble and Hound Dementia Action Group are organising its second Reminiscence in the Park dementia friendly festival.
Free to Attend
Sunday 26th May 12pm-5pm
Royal Victoria Country Park, Netley, SO31 5DQ
To fnd out more Email: email@example.com
Celebrate the amazing work that volunteers do in the community.
Each year the Volunteer Centre at One Community, together with the Mayor of Eastleigh, arranges a volunteer certificate presentation event. Certificates are presented by the Mayor of Eastleigh to volunteers who either live or volunteer within the borough.
To qualify volunteers should have given a minimum of 100 hours service or have volunteered for a year.
The presentation will take place at 6.45pm on Tuesday 4 June 2019 at The Point, Leigh Road, Eastleigh SO50 9DE.
Date - 8th Jun 2019
Time - 7:30 pm
Location King’s Community Church,Upper Northam Road, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4BZ
PUMP HOUSE of WICKHAM
AUCTIONEERS / VALUERS
Saturday 29th June 2019
The PUMP HOUSE have kindly agreed to come along to our Centre to do valuations, there will be two
Valuers specialising in silver, china etc. upstairs .
Downstairs in the Meeting Area we will be serving
refreshments, also we will have a Collectibles Stall.
If you have any items to donate to this stall we would love to have them.
Admission to this event will be £2.00 per adult and you can bring along a maximum of 2 items for a free
Raising funds for St. John’s Church
e-mail the Parish Office using firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01489 790048.
Prepare for EU Exit
The United Kingdom (UK) is leaving the European Union (EU).
Leaving the EU means a number of changes that will affect businesses, organisations and individual citizens.
Use the information via the link below to find out how to prepare and the steps you may need to take.
HEDGE END EXTENDED HOURS - GP PRACTICE
Evening and weekend appointments are now available...
You can book an appointment to see a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional in the evening or at the weekend from a local Primary Care Access hub.
Your local hub is - Hedge End Primary Care Access hub, Hedge End, Medical Centre, Hedge End, SO30 4FQ.
You can book an appointment with your GP practice receptionist or, for urgent appointments, ring NHS 111
PERFORM WEEKLY DRAMA, DANCE AND SINGING CLASSES FOR 4-7S
Perform is a unique children’s drama school that has a special emphasis on child development.
Perform uses a mix of drama, dance and singing to bring out every child’s full potential. Run by highly experienced actor-teachers, in small groups, Perform classes focus on developing the 4 Cs: Confidence, Communication, Coordination, and Concentration.
The Perform curriculum ensures plenty of fun, using a mix of energetic games, catchy songs and funky dances. All class materials are written by Perform, with apps, CDs and videos that the children can play at home to keep the magic alive.
Each term sees a brand new theme to keep imaginations buzzing. Perform offer no-obligation FREE trial sessions.
Visit www.perform.org.uk/try to book a FREE class today.
Venue: Turnpike Pavilion, Turnpike Way, Hedge End, Hampshire, SO30 4SR
Class Details: Fridays at 4pm and 5pm
Contact: T: 020 7255 9120 / email@example.com
SOUTH CENTRAL AMBULANCE SERVICE - NHS
If you become unwell or are injured, make sure you choose the right NHS service to get the most appropriate treatment.
- Self Care: For example - Hangover, Grazed Knee, Sore Throat, Cough
- Pharmacy: For example - Diarrhoea, Runny Nose, Painful Cough, Headache
- Minor Injuries & Illness Unit: For example - Cuts, Strains, Itches, Sprains
- GP: For example - Vomiting, Ear Pain, Sore Tummy, Backache
- NHS 111(Phone service) : For example - Unwell? Unsure? Need medical help fast?
- 999 (Phone service): For example - Choking, Chest Pain, Blacking Out, Heavy Blood Loss
" Use your ambulance service wisely and considerately - abuse of the service could cost someone's life! " - Paul Carnell - Hampshire Public Governor
NEW OUTREACH SERVICE FOR EASTLEIGH RESIDENTS
Eastleigh Citizens Advice Bureau is announcing a new outreach service to improve access to advice within the community. The outreach service will operate from two new community centres:
- The Dowd’s Farm Community Centre, Hedge End. An adviser will be available Thursday mornings by appointment, and a drop-in service will operate Friday mornings from 9.30am-12.30pm.
- The outreach service will also be available at the Bursledon Community Centre, Bursledon. People can drop into the centre without an appointment for advice on Tuesday mornings between 10.00 am–12.00 pm. Appointments will be available by arrangement on Tuesday afternoons.
The new outreach sessions will help meet local need by bringing the advice service into the community. People who are unable to travel to Citizens Advice offices will be able to access help and advice from these accessible and convenient community locations.
Contact details for the new outreach locations are as follows:
Bursledon Community Centre
Dowd’s Farm Community Centre
85 Whites Way
For advice at other times Eastleigh Citizens Advice Bureau is open from 10am-4pm Monday-Thursday.
For enquiries please call: 03444 111 306
1. The Citizens Advice service comprises a network of local bureaux, all of which are independent charities.
2. We help people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers. For more information see our website www.eastleighcab.org.uk.
3. The advice provided by the Citizens Advice service is free, independent, confidential, and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
4. The Citizens Advice Bureaux in England and Wales advised 2.3 million clients on 5.4 million problems from October 2013 to September 2014. For full 2013/2014 service statistics see our quarterly publication Advice trends
5. Eastleigh Citizens Advice Bureau staff are supported by more than 30 trained volunteers, working at three service outlets across the Borough