News and Events
This section gives local residents information on recent news and events in and around Hedge End.
Friday Night Football
Brought to you by Eastleigh Borough Council, is a youth project open to 10-19 year olds and offers weekly informal football activities for £1 a session.
Sessions take place every Friday at Places Leisure Eastleigh, Botley Recreation Ground and Hamble Sports Complex.
All sessions will be led by qualified FA coaches on artificial pitches and is open to boys and girls of all abilities.
This project has been made possible thanks to funding from Hampshire Police and Crime Commissioner and Bursledon, Hedge End, West End and Botley Local Area Committee, Eastleigh Local Area Committee and Bursledon, Hamble and Hound Local Area Committee.
For more information, including session times, please visit www.eastleigh.gov.uk/sportworks
Wildern School- 42 Wildern Ln, Hedge End, Southampton SO30 4EH
5.30pm - 6.30pm and then rhythmic classes 6.30pm til 7.30pm.
The classes are for any age over 4 and it's open to all abilities as well. Pop along to the free taster day 18th September.
Find out more info on the Website: www.horizonteamgym.co.uk
October half term is just 5 weeks away!
I have just checked the numbers on courses and there plenty on most days but are only a few spaces left on the cookery days!
Call 01489 779471, book online or if you would like to pay with childcare vouchers...
Our BIG Draw event is coming...
Enjoy taking part in a variety of exciting art workshops for children and adults.
Listen to performances from local musicians.
Browse our craft stalls.
View artwork created leading up to the event and on the day which has contributed to something even bigger...
To book your entry ticket or any of the afternoon workshops, give us a call on 01489 779 471
Community Tree Project
Hedge End Town Council are aiming to map all of the important and historic trees in the area and we would like your help!
The trees can be old, large, commemorative, or simply a tree which is special to you.
Please write in to Hedge End Town Council via letter or email.
2000 Centre, St. Johns Road, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4AF.
With the morning chill in the air and the dark nights drawing in, we look towards that traditional time of the year the pantomime season
The Performing Arts Company are proud to bring you the very well known pantomime Jack & The Beanstalk
Jack & The Beanstalk has an action packed story line with a fun filled script, novel ideas and comedy, whilst remaining faithful to the well known story.
Lots of audience participation, visual comedy and traditional pantomime antics, together with two particularly havoc prone Broker's Men, Snatchet and Scarper.
Bring the family along to this reasonably priced pantomime and get into the Christmas spirit.
Tickets are available from The Berry Theatre via the link below
We look forward to seeing you at Jack & The Beanstalk - Oh Yes We Will
★ Ben Norris
Ben’s TV credits include: “Mock the week” (BBC 1), “The
Comedy Store” (Paramount and Comedy Central), “Never mind the Buzzcocks” (BBC 2), “They think it’s all over” (BBC 2)
★ Carly Smallman
Carly sings funny songs and tells funny jokes. She has been lucky enough to perform all over the UK and internationally at the best comedy clubs, theatres and festivals around. Carly has appeared doing stand-up on BBC (The Rob Brydon Show) and ITV (Viral Tap), amongst numerous other TV and radio appearances. She also occasionally appears on Talk Radio as a co-host or guest.
“Smutty outspoken jolity” - The Telegraph
★ Hassan Dervish
“Hassan Dervish is a musical and spoken word idiot genius with fun storytelling rhymes set to an original soundtrack. He resonates with comedy fans who aren't afraid to go along with something silly and catchy.”
★ Dinesh Nathan
“His confident, straight-faced delivery and outstanding material left (us) wanting more, he is one to watch.” - Fringe Review
Doors open at 19:00
Show starts at 20:00
A fully stocked bar will also be available
Tickets £15 each
Nature of the beast: Line-ups can change, but quality of talent will never be compromised
Link to our website: www.funnypeoplecomedyclub.com
The communities of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight play a key role in helping to prevent and detect crime and anti-social behaviour. Improving the flow of information between the community and the police is vital to achieving our aim to work together to deter criminals and keep communities safe.?♂️?♀️
You do not need to join a specific watch scheme but you may find that there are like minded residents or businesses in your area who would welcome your support.?
Become a recipient of messages, information, crime alerts and witness appeals local to the area in which you live or work. Receive updates in a way that suits your needs and lifestyle by email, text or telephone. Just click on the REGISTER button to sign up below.?
Prepare for EU Exit
The United Kingdom (UK) is leaving the European Union (EU).
Leaving the EU means a number of changes that will affect businesses, organisations and individual citizens.
Use the information via the link below to find out how to prepare and the steps you may need to take.
HEDGE END EXTENDED HOURS - GP PRACTICE
Evening and weekend appointments are now available...
You can book an appointment to see a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional in the evening or at the weekend from a local Primary Care Access hub.
Your local hub is - Hedge End Primary Care Access hub, Hedge End, Medical Centre, Hedge End, SO30 4FQ.
You can book an appointment with your GP practice receptionist or, for urgent appointments, ring NHS 111
SOUTH CENTRAL AMBULANCE SERVICE - NHS
If you become unwell or are injured, make sure you choose the right NHS service to get the most appropriate treatment.
- Self Care: For example - Hangover, Grazed Knee, Sore Throat, Cough
- Pharmacy: For example - Diarrhoea, Runny Nose, Painful Cough, Headache
- Minor Injuries & Illness Unit: For example - Cuts, Strains, Itches, Sprains
- GP: For example - Vomiting, Ear Pain, Sore Tummy, Backache
- NHS 111(Phone service) : For example - Unwell? Unsure? Need medical help fast?
- 999 (Phone service): For example - Choking, Chest Pain, Blacking Out, Heavy Blood Loss
" Use your ambulance service wisely and considerately - abuse of the service could cost someone's life! " - Paul Carnell - Hampshire Public Governor
NEW OUTREACH SERVICE FOR EASTLEIGH RESIDENTS
Eastleigh Citizens Advice Bureau is announcing a new outreach service to improve access to advice within the community. The outreach service will operate from two new community centres:
- The Dowd’s Farm Community Centre, Hedge End. An adviser will be available Thursday mornings by appointment, and a drop-in service will operate Friday mornings from 9.30am-12.30pm.
- The outreach service will also be available at the Bursledon Community Centre, Bursledon. People can drop into the centre without an appointment for advice on Tuesday mornings between 10.00 am–12.00 pm. Appointments will be available by arrangement on Tuesday afternoons.
The new outreach sessions will help meet local need by bringing the advice service into the community. People who are unable to travel to Citizens Advice offices will be able to access help and advice from these accessible and convenient community locations.
Contact details for the new outreach locations are as follows:
Bursledon Community Centre
Dowd’s Farm Community Centre
85 Whites Way
For advice at other times Eastleigh Citizens Advice Bureau is open from 10am-4pm Monday-Thursday.
For enquiries please call: 03444 111 306
1. The Citizens Advice service comprises a network of local bureaux, all of which are independent charities.
2. We help people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers. For more information see our website www.eastleighcab.org.uk.
3. The advice provided by the Citizens Advice service is free, independent, confidential, and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
4. The Citizens Advice Bureaux in England and Wales advised 2.3 million clients on 5.4 million problems from October 2013 to September 2014. For full 2013/2014 service statistics see our quarterly publication Advice trends
5. Eastleigh Citizens Advice Bureau staff are supported by more than 30 trained volunteers, working at three service outlets across the Borough