The Community Hub - Youth Centre
The Community Hub is a Youth Centre for young people age 8 - 25 years.
Come chill out with friends or make new ones! Refreshments, table tennis, pool, PS3, X-Box 360, TV room, music studio, films, cookery, tuck shop, info & advice...
Located on the Wildern School site Wildern Lane, Hedge End, The Community Hub provides opportunities for local young people to engage in both formal and informal education through activities, trips, workshops, events and residential visits.
A fun and friendly venue for young people to meet, The Community Hub is staffed by a professionally trained team and also local volunteers.
COOKING | ARTS & CRAFTS | MUSIC | GAMING - XBOX, PS3 |
GAMES | IT FACILITIES | MUSIC STUDIO | TV
MEET THE COMMUNITY HUB YOUTH TEAM...
WHAT'S ON @ THE COMMUNITY HUB
- Wednesday, 4.30 to 7.00pm - JUNIOR YOUTH GROUP
- Thursday, 4.30 - 8.30pm - YOUNG CARERS GROUP
(AGES 11-18). Referral only.
- Friday, 6.30 to 9.00pm - THE FRIDAY NIGHT PROJECT
(AGES 11-25) Additional needs Youth Group. For young people with additional needs or learning difficulties including autistic spectrum or physical needs and / or confidence issues. Come along and make new friends. £2 p/w - please call to enquire. (Further details below)
COME ALONG & MAKE NEW FRIENDS...
Contact: Donna Love, Youth Team Leader at The Community Hub - Phone: 01489 789638 or email: email@example.com for more information.
THE FRIDAY NIGHT PROJECT
The Friday Night Project is a weekly social group for young people with additional needs aged 11 to 25 years.
Meeting every Friday 6.30 - 9pm. For young people with Autistic Spectrum difficulties/SEN or confidence issues. The aim of the group is to support young people to engage in a range of activities, aimed at enhancing their life and social skills. Enabling them to reach their full potential.
At The Friday Night Project, young people will be able to take part in cookery, arts and crafts, table tennis, films, games, trips, music, recreation and fun activities!
Membership fees are £2.00 per week.
The Community Hub Youth Centre is based at the entrance to Wildern School which is located along Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton. The youth project is run by staff/volunteers who offer a wealth of experience in working with young people with additional needs. All staff/volunteers hold a valid and enhanced DBS certificate.
Membership to the group is by referral only. This may be through Parent/Carer, School, Self/Young Person or Partner Agency.
For more information or a referral form please contact Youth Team Manager Donna Love
Tel: 01489 789638; Mob: 07534 563424; firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU HAVE A VOICE...USE IT!
Are you 13-21 years old? Do you live in the Hedge End, West End or Botley area? Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to be heard? Can you spare a few hours a month?
We are looking for young people who want to dedicate their time to championing real change in the local area.
For more information, please call into The Community Hub for Young People or contact Donna Love: 01489 789638.
CODE OF CONDUCT
(WHAT’S OK AND WHAT’S NOT OK)
- Respect & take care of each-other, the building & the equipment…
- No fighting, swearing, bullying (verbal, physical, sexual or emotional). No vandalism including graffiti damage.
- Please respect your environment & resources
- Respect the staff members – NO physical/verbal abuse.
- Follow health & safety advice from staff
- DO NOT bring/ use/ distribute or be under influence of a substance on site & the surrounding perimeters of The Community Hub or you will be asked to leave and/ or banned…
- We like to see and work with the real you!
- Intimidation strictly forbidden. Have an awareness and consideration of each-other’s feelings. Care about each other!
- DON’T judge others by your own standards…
- It’s ok to be different!
- Respect other people’s individuality & property…
- This includes no prejudices & /or discrimination such as racism, sexism, homophobia etc.
- To contribute openly & freely to specific tasks/ projects/ events at the Box…
- Get involved! Join The Community Hub Youth Council!
- Be an active member!