Burial Fees 2020
TO INTER AN EARTHEN GRAVE
To inter an Earthen Grave:
With effect from 1st April 1998 there will be no charge for the internment of a stillborn child or the body of a child whose age, at the time of death, did not exceed 16 years of age.
To inter the body of a person whose age, at the time of death, exceeded 16 years of age:
- Parishioner £682.00 (including preparation of the grave)
- Non-Parishioner £2,093.00 (Same price applicable whether new interment or with existing (Grant of Exclusive Right)
Note: Full burial graves are of double depth and can accommodate two burials and subsequently up to four cremation caskets (placed in each corner of the grave space).
TO INTER CREMATED REMAINS
To inter the cremated remains of a person whose age, at the time of death, exceeded 16 years of age:
- Parishioner £204.00
- Non-Parishioner £875.00 (Same price applicable whether new interment or with existing Grant of Exclusive Right)
Note: Cremation plots will accommodate the interments of two caskets only.
NON-PARISHIONER INTERMENTS 2018
With effect from 20 June 2018, Non-Parishioner interments will be allowed at Albert Road Cemetery. The ability to reserve/pre-purchase a grave space in Albert rd cemetery is not permissible.
PREPARATION OF CREMATION AND EARTHEN GRAVES
With effect from 1 April 2017, the preparation of cremation and earthen graves will be undertaken by the Town Council staff. The fee for which is incorporated within the interment fee. Removal of memorials will remain the responsibility of the funeral directors on behalf of their clients at all times.
- Application Fee £108.00
- Replacement Memorial Fee £108.00
- For each inscription after the first £49.50
Removal of memorials will remain the responsibility of the funeral director, on behalf of their client.
GRANT OF EXCLUSIVE RIGHT FEE
(With effect from 1 April 2017, Hedge End Town Council will introduce a 'Transfer of Exclusive Right of Burial' charge of £56.00.)
To purchase the Grant of Exclusive Right for an earthen grave or cremation plot for a Parishioner only (for an exclusive right of burial for a period not to exceed 75 years.)
Parishioner and Non-Parishioner
- A plot 9’ x 4’ adult grave £221.00
- A plot 6’ x 3’ child grave £105.00
- A plot 4’ x 3’ infant grave 5p in consideration of transaction.
- A plot 2’ x 2’ Cremation Plot £121.00
- With effect from 1 April 2009, the ability to Reserve/ Pre-purchase a grave space in Albert Road Cemetery has been removed.
- The charge for the interment of a Non-Parishioner will be, in all cases, where the person to be interred was not, at the time of death, or within the preceeding 12 months, a resident of Hedge End.
- A Parishioner is determined by their apperance on the Register of Electors.
- Applications for a person residing at the time of death, in a rest / nursing home or hospital or, because of age or informity, living with relatives elsewhere, shall be deemed a Parishioner if, up to 2 years prior to the aforementioned, they resided within the parish of Hedge End. It must be emphasised that the Parishioner status is determined upon the former residency of the deceased and NOT the executor or bereaved.
- The Lawn Cemetery Regulations are applicable in all circumstances and are readily available from the Town Council Offices.
ARRANGEMENT FOR INTERMENTS:
|Monday- Thurs||10am - to last interment 2pm|
|Friday||10am - to last interment 12.30pm|
|No burials at the weekend|
REGULATIONS CONCERNING MEMORIALS
Albert Road Cemetery – THE LAWN CEMETERY
In 1981, this cemetery was designated a Lawn Cemetery from Section C onwards with special conditions as outlined in Cemetery Regulations. Sections C, D, F, G and the forthcoming Section J are areas of rest that must remain laid to lawn. With the exception of a two-foot section at the head of the grave, for the foundation of a memorial, the remainder of the plot will be turfed flat and will be maintained by the Town Council’s Grounds Staff. The Burial Authority will not permit wooden crosses nor any other adornment other than that of a headstone in natural quarried stone and not exceeding the undermentioned sizes. Vases may be placed at the location of the memorial site only and not beyond that point. With effect from 1st November 2004 all applicants for the placement of memorial at this cemetery will be issued a Grant for the Right to Erect a Memorial to hold the same to the Grantee for a period of 10 years, with an inspection every 5 years. At the end of this option will be given to extend the Right to Erect a Memorial for a further 10 years. Failure to submit an application for a Grant for the Right to Erect a Memorial will result in the automatic refusal of Burial Application. Applications will only be accepted from the Deed Holder of the Exclusive Right of Burial, in all circumstances and without exception.
The Town Council will consider application to permit a memorial in the grave section as follows:
- A headstone (with or without a base) in natural quarried stone and not exceeding 3’ in height and 2’ in width. Thickness a minimum of 2” up to a height of 2’ 6”, a minimum of 3” up to a height of 3’, a maximum of 6”.
- Size of the base where provided 2’ 6” x 1’ 9”
- Foundation slab, set at ground level 3’ x 1’ 6” x 2”
- Back of headstone to be set 6” from rear of the foundation slab
- One vase of natural quarried stone not exceeding 12” in diameter or width or other dimensions not exceeding 12” in height, such dimensions to include any base on which the vase may be placed - AT MEMORIAL SITE ONLY - THE PLOT IS TO REMAIN LAWNED.
- ALL MEMORIALS TO BE INSCRIBED WITH SECTION LETTER AND NUMBER
- With effect from 1st April, 2005, it should be noted that all applications for the remaining cremation plots of Section D, must not exceed the height of 2’ and width of l’ 9”, thickness a maximum of 2” - this section is expected to close in 2006 and available space is now tapered to a degree that larger monuments would not be suitable.
- With effect from 1st April 1998 Type A Cast Aluminium grave markers, on spurs, to be placed to identify Cremation plots of Section D (from D86 onwards) are issued a marker upon interment and the entire G Section of burial plots are issued a marker (G1 onwards) including reserved plots. Markers must be coloured green and only issued by Hedge End Town Council. When a memorial is placed the marker is to be retained and placed at the back of the memorial with the identification viable.
Cremation Plot Section ‘J’
During their meeting of 3rd February 2005, the Town Council’s Recreation & Amenities Committee determined that with regard to the forthcoming Section ‘J’, applications will only be accepted for the placement of a recumbent tablet in natural quarried stone and not exceeding the width 2’ by 2’ and a thickness no less than 2” and a maximum of 4” high. A Foundation slab to be set at ground surface level. Headstone memorials will not be permitted.
- Application Fee £116.00
- Replacement Memorial Fee £116.00
- For each inscription after the first £53.00
- (with effect from 1st April 2020)