Local Services A-Z
Hedge End Town Council offers a number of public services and amenities to the local community which we have listed below in a simple A-Z guide.
Please also see the list in the left hand column of other major services in Hedge End.
Note: Some services are the responsibility of Eastleigh Borough Council or Hampshire County Council authorities and where this is the case we have provided contact details and links to their websites should you wish to contact them directly.
- Allotments - Hedge End Town Council's popular allotment site has been recently extended (Kanes Field and Spring Field) and is located at Upper Northam Drive, Hedge End, SO30 4BG.
- Archery - If you would like to learn a new and exciting sport then give archery a go. This challenging and addictive sport is available for the local community at Wildern Leisure
Centre. There are sessions for adults and children from the age of six years. All equipment is provided, for more information please call 01489 787128.
- Arts (see also Berry Theatre) -The D@rt Centre, Wildern School, Wildern Lane is your local arts centre specialising in performing, digital and visual arts and everything in between. For more information - Phone: 01489 779471 or visit their website
- Bowls - Hedge End's Bowling Green and Pavilion is located at Woodhouse Lane, Hedge End.
- Bereavement - For bereavement advice please click on the link to Hampshire County Council's website for both adults and children dealing with the loss of a loved one. See also Arranging a Funeral a helpful PDF document provided by Eastleigh County Council.
- Burial Service - With effect from 1 April 2009 the ability to reserve / pre purchase a grave space in Albert Road Cemetery, Hedge End has been removed. Also, from this date, a Non-Parishioner interment (burial) will only be permitted in respect of an existing grave space (i.e. where the Grant of Exclusive Right is exercised for a Non-Parishioner). From April 2017, the preparation of earthen and cremation graves will be undertaken by the Town Council. Burial Fees To discuss further, please Contact Us
- Bus Services- Information on community bus services in and around Hedge End:
Public Transport links & references (Timetables / Maps) on HANTSWEB
Medical Transport Service (Eastleigh Borough Council) - from Hedge End, West End, Botley. Subsidised Transport to local hospitals / GPs. Phone 02380 270088. Click Here to view pdf.
Eastleigh Dial-a-Ride (Hampshire & Eastleigh Borough Council) Transport Service for people with disabilities. Phone: 02380 902450. Web: www.1community.org.uk/pages/eastleigh-dial-a-ride.aspx
- Citizens Advice Bureau (Eastleigh CAB), 101 Leigh Road, Eastleigh, SO50 9DR. Giving free, confidential help and advice to the local community. Outreach service available at Bursledon Community Centre & Hedge End Salvation Army Community Church. Phone: 03444 111 306
- Cemetery, Albert Road - Follow the link to Hedge End's Green Flag Cemetery.
- Children's Information Services (Hampshire County Council) is a free impartial service to provide information to all parents and carers on early education, childcare and related services for children and young people. Phone: 0845 603 5620.
- Churches Click on the link to see Hedge End's many local community churches.
- Cold Calling - if you are interested in finding out how to set up a 'No Cold Calling Zone' visit Hampshire County Council's website.
- Community Halls To see local council and privately owned community halls for hire in Hedge End.
- Computer Suite - Located at Hedge End Town Council Offices, 2000 Centre, St Johns Road, Hedge End SO30 4AF is the community computer suite. Free access to all parishioners who wish to use a computer or to access the internet. Printing available (small charge for printing). Open daily during office hours see Contact Us for times.
- Council Offices to find out where we are visit Contact Us
- Country Parks - Hedge End benefits from having a number of excellent country parks on its doorstep (see Manor Farm Country Park, Itchen Valley Country Park and Royal Victoria Country Park respectively).
- Crematorium - Wessex Vale Crematorium, Bubb Lane, West End. Opened December 2009. Phone: 01489 786617. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cricket - follow the link to information on local amenities and clubs.
- Crime - You can report non urgent crime to Hampshire Constabulary by simply dialling 101. Dial 999 in an emergency.
- Cycling (Eastleigh Borough Council) For information on cycling in the Borough, visit website
- D.@rt Centre - Performing, Digital and Visual Arts Centre, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End Phone 01489
- Dentist - for local Dentists, see Health
- Doctor - for local Doctors, see Health
- Dog Fouling - There's no such thing as the dog poo fairy...bag it, tie it, bin it! Eastleigh Borough Council provide bins at all of our parks and open spaces, no excuses!
- Dogs- Link to Eastleigh Borough Council's website which gives you information on environmental health issues concerning dogs - from barking to dangerous breeds.
- Dowd's Farm Park - Hedge End's 16 acre site of park, meadow, lake, playground, seating, picnic area, walking.
- Drug Advice - see also Teenage Drop-In Centre or visit our Health page.
- Football - Link to our local pitches and clubs.
Friday Night Football- Brought to you by Eastleigh Borough Council, is a youth project open to 10-19 year olds and offers weekly informal football activities for £1 a session. Sessions take place ever Friday at Places Leisure Eastleigh, Botley Recreation Ground and Hamble Sports Complex.
- Funeral Directors - Hedge End has a number of well established Funeral Directors in the local area: Co-op Funeralcare 7a Lower Northam Rd, Hedge End; AH Freemantle 19 High St, Botley ; FC Hughes 46 St Johns Rd, Hedge End; A H Rogers 32 St Johns Rd, Hedge End.
- Golf - Hedge End Golf Centre, Upper Northam Road, Hedge End. Driving range with 50 covered & heated bays, gym, pilates studio and cafe. For more information visit their
- Groundstaff - Hedge End Town Council has a dedicated and professional team of groundstaff responsible for the ongoing maintenance, repair and improvement of Town Council land and property this includes our many parks and playgrounds, community halls and sports and leisure facilities.
- Itchen Valley Country Park (Eastleigh Borough Council) is located within the neighbouring town of West End and enjoys 440 acres of water meadow, woodland and meadows. For more information please visit their website
- Jobcentre Plus closest location (Southampton or Eastleigh), find out more via the Jobcentre website for support with looking for work, universal credit, making appointments and much more https://www.jobcentrejobs.co.uk/, phone: 0800 169 0190
- Leisure Centre (Wildern) located at Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End has excellent indoor and outdoor sports facilities for the whole community.
- Library - Hedge End Library, Greta Park, Upper Northam Road, SO30 4DY.
Phone 0845 603 5631
Opening Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Friday 9.30am - 5.00pm
Wednesday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday 9.30am - 7.00pm
Saturday 9.30am - 1.00pm
- Library Services - To find out what's on at your local library and other services on offer, Hampshire County Council's library
& information service.
- Litter - Hedge End Town Council's Groundstaff team are out in the community clearing litter from our many parks and public spaces on a daily basis. If you find any issue with litter at our sites please Contact Us
- Medicines / Pharmacy see Health
- Manor Farm Country Park (Hampshire County Council) Located on the outskirts of Hedge End. 400 acres of woodland, riverside walks and open spaces to explore. Children will enjoy
visiting the farmyard with its many animals and can also experience Victorian life in the farmhouse and schoolrooms. Website
- MOT Testing Service -(Eastleigh Borough Council) Book an MOT at Hedge End's MOT testing depot. Fully qualified engineers providing MOT testing service for over 20 years. Totally independent MOT testing service (they do not carry out repairs). Book your vehicle in for an MOT today, contact 02380 688389.
- Nursery - see Schools/Preschools
- Paddling Pool (Outdoor) Located at The Recreation Ground, St Johns Road, Hedge End, SO30 4AF. Extremely popular attraction for the families of Hedge End. Open May - Sept. Refreshments and toilets available.
- Parks - Hedge End has a number of outdoor play and recreation areas, to see them click here
- Planning - Hedge End planning applications are dealt with by the Highways and Planning Committee. For further information click here.
- Playgrounds - to see our numerous outdoor play areas click here.
- Police - Hampshire Constabulary, Hedge End Sector. Front office at Hedge End Station is now closed (16 Mar 2012). Phone: 101 for all non urgent enquiries.
- Preschools - see our Schools / Preschools link at the top of the page or click here.
- Public Toilets - The public toilets are situated near to the Co-operative store in the centre of the village. These facilities are inspected and cleaned daily, if you find any issues please contact us.
- Radio - Skylinegold (102.5fm) Your local community radio station covering Hedge End, West End & Botley. Run
completely by volunteers. 7am-7pm. Music from 60's, 70's 80's and specialist programmes. Local community news, topical discussions, song requests.
Phone: 01489 799000 ; Email: email@example.com
- Rail Service (see Train Station)
- Recycling Facilities - Hedge End's civic amenity site and recycling centre is located on Shamblehurst Lane South, SO30 2FN. Tel 01489 780028 (Eastleigh Borough Council).Click the link to Hampshire County Council's website to check opening times.
- Roads / Road maintenance - For information on road maintenance or to report a fault on the roads, please follow the weblink to Hampshire County Council (See also Traffic Orders)
- Royal Victoria Country Park - located in Netley Abbey, within easy reach by car or bicycle from Hedge End. Once the scene of a bustling military hospital, the park overlooks Southampton Water and not only boasts beautiful scenery and walks but a miniature steam railway.
- Salt Bins - Provided by Hampshire County Council click link for details.
- Schools - see our Schools / Preschools link at the top of this page or click here
- Sexual Health (See Health Services or Teenage Drop-in Centre)
- Skatepark Sites at Woodhouse Lane and Greta Park
- Swimming Pools - please follow link to Leisure and Recreation Facilities - Wildern Leisure Centre.
- Teenage Drop-In Centre (TADIC) (see also Youth Services), Hedge End, 28 Lower Northam Road (next door to medical centre), Hedge End, SO30 4FL. Free confidential advice for
teenagers. Phone: 01489 782727. Wed 3-6pm.
- Tennis Courts Located at Woodhouse Lane, Hedge End. Click on the link to make booking enquiries.
- Theatre - The Berry Theatre, Wildern Lane, Hedge End. Local community theatre offering a programme of events - drama, comedy, childrens theatre, film, community performances. Opened April 2011.
- Traffic Orders - Click on the link to Eastleigh Borough Council's website to view the latest Traffic Orders currently under consultation, or in the proces of being made. This includes 'On Street Restrictions', 'Speed Limit Orders', 'Temporary Road Closures' and other traffic or footpath orders for both Hedge End and its surrounding areas.
- Train Station - Hedge End Railway Station, Stroudley Way, Grange Park, Hedge End, SO30 2RZ. Operated by South West Trains - Eastleigh to Fareham line. Connections to London Waterloo and Portsmouth Harbour. For further information please click on link for National Rail.
- Youth Centre - The Community Hub, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, SO30 4EJ. Hedge End Town Council's Youth Centre in Hedge End (weekly charge applies) for young people aged 11-21. Facilities include dj decks, internet access, games consoles, tv, music, art, cookery / lifestyle projects. Youth Council - Opportunity to engage young people in local government / town council issues. Phone: 01489 789638
- Youthtube Follow link to Hampshire County Council's Youth Information and Support Service. (See also Youth Centre; Teenage Drop-in Centre).