TO INTER AN EARTHEN GRAVE
With effect from 1st April 1998 there will be no charge for the internment of a stillborn child or the body of a child whose age, at the time of death, did not exceed 16 years of age.
With effect from 20 June 2018, Non-Parishioner interments will be allowed at Albert Road Cemetery. To inter the body of a person whose age, at the time of death, exceeded 16 years of age:
- Parishioner £682.00 (including preparation of the grave)
- Non-Parishioner £2,093.00 (Same price applicable whether new interment or with existing (Grant of Exclusive Right)
Note: Full burial graves are of double depth and can accommodate two burials and subsequently up to four cremation caskets (placed in each corner of the grave space).
TO INTER CREMATED REMAINS
To inter the cremated remains of a person whose age, at the time of death, exceeded 16 years of age:
- Parishioner £204.00
- Non-Parishioner £875.00 (Same price applicable whether new interment or with existing Grant of Exclusive Right)
Note: Cremation plots will accommodate the interments of two caskets only.
GRANT OF EXCLUSIVE RIGHT
To purchase the Grant of Exclusive Right for an earthen grave or cremation plot (for an exclusive right of burial for a period not to exceed 75 years.)
Parishioner and Non-Parishioner
- A plot 9’ x 4’ adult grave £221.00
- A plot 6’ x 3’ child grave £105.00
- A plot 4’ x 3’ infant grave 5p in consideration of transaction.
- A plot 2’ x 2’ Cremation Plot £121.00
With effect from 1 April 2017 a charge of £56.00 will be applicable for a Transfer of Exclusive Right.
PREPARATION OF CREMATION AND EARTHEN GRAVES
With effect from 1 April 2017, the preparation of cremation and earthen graves is undertaken by the Town Council staff. The fee for which is incorporated within the interment fee. Removal of memorials will remain the responsibility of the funeral directors on behalf of their clients at all times.
The Burial Authority will consider applications to permit a memorial for the following fees:
- Application Fee £116.00
- Replacement Memorial Fee £116.00
- For each inscription after the first £53.00
Removal of memorials will remain the responsibility of the funeral director, on behalf of their client.
- With effect from 1 April 2009, the ability to Reserve/ Pre-purchase a grave space in Albert Road Cemetery has been removed.
- A Parishioner is determined by their apperance on the Hedge End Register of Electors.
- The charge for the interment of a Non-Parishioner will be, in all cases, where the person to be interred was not, at the time of death, or within the preceeding 12 months, a resident of Hedge End.
- Applications for a person residing at the time of death, in a rest / nursing home or hospital or, because of age or informity, living with relatives elsewhere, shall be deemed a Parishioner if, up to 2 years prior to the aforementioned, they resided within the parish of Hedge End. It must be emphasised that the Parishioner status is determined upon the former residency of the deceased and NOT the executor or bereaved.
- The Lawn Cemetery Regulations are applicable in all circumstances and are readily available from the Town Council Offices.
ARRANGEMENT FOR INTERNMENTS
|Monday- Thurs||10am - to last interment 2pm|
|Friday||10am - to last interment 12.30pm|
|No burials at the weekend|
Burial Authority Ashes application form, please click the PDF to download
Burial Authority full burial application form, please click the PDF to download